[ale] Ubuntu Linux Defrag EXT4

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Sep 13 19:28:02 EDT 2010

Damon,

Thanks for the note.  I typed shutdown --help at a terminal.  I notice that
-r does a reboot.  It does not mention the F option at all.  I think
someone else mentioned that F starts the fsck application.  I'm not sure it
will work that way in Ubuntu, since the help doesn't mention it.  My point
was not so much how to check the disk on reboot, but that if I try to do
something which may damage the hard drive, it should warn me of my
impending doom or disallow the activity altogether.

Ron