[ale] Ubuntu Linux Defrag EXT4

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Sep 13 11:58:38 EDT 2010

Greg,

Thanks for the tip.  Based on other comments, I don't think I'll be
defragging Linux just yet.

A few people mentioned corrupting a Linux / Unix HDD by running utilities
while the partition is mounted.  When I run chkdisk on my Windows system in
read / write mode, it pops up a dialog that says it can't run the test now
because the system is in use.  It offers an option to run the test the next
time I reboot, and I click yes or no.  Linux should offer me the same
courtesy, in my opinion.

Ron