[ale] [TOTALLY OT] Comfort foods

Dennis Ruzeski denniruz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 10:36:09 EDT 2010

Bangers and mash is good. I make a polish dish called potato kluski
with left over mashed potatoes-- It used a dough like gnocchi but
they're just dropped into boiling stock like a dumpling and then fried
in bacon fat and butter.
IMHO, mixing such a fine gin with tonic is a sin. It belongs chilled
in a martini glass. If you feel the need to add vermouth, I find it
sufficient to just set the open bottle next to the martini glass while
you're pouring. An olive is nice, but a cocktail onion is my preferred
garnish.

Now I'm ready to work.

-Dennis