[ale] IPs

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Sep 11 22:35:54 EDT 2010

I don't think the ip can be spoofed if a valid connection is established
since tcp/ip requires a 3 way handshake.  If the sender doesn't require a
valid connection, then I guess the IP can be spoofed.

FYI, if I go to grc.com and start his shields up test (simulated attack and
port scan), before I even start it, it pops up this message:

Your Internet connection's IP address is uniquely associated with the
following "machine name":

c-76-97-157-166.hsd1.ga.comcast.net

So, he not only knows I'm in GA, he knows my ISP.  Not sure how that's done.

Ron