[ale] Ubuntu Linux Defrag EXT4

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Sep 11 22:01:58 EDT 2010

Greg,

Thanks for the tip.  I had run across e4defrag in my research.  It sounds
like it's not quite fully baked yet.  Since defrag is such a low level, and
system critical function, I don't think I'll try it just yet.  I think I'll
try googling the term you mentioned.  I never in a million years would have
thought to type that in.

I am interested in what everyone thinks as to the need for defrag on EXT4
in Linux vs the need for it with NTFS and Windows.

Ron