[ale] weird mouse problem

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Sep 10 18:36:06 EDT 2010

As a Fedora user (so much so that I'm not in a hurry to move up) I can
vouch for how well 12 ran for me out-of-the-box.  Virtually no tweaking,
although I did have to install a boat-load of codecs.  (...and yes, I
know what a codec is -- or rather what "they" are).  After all, I had
to...I used to be an Broadcast Systems Engineer with XM Satellite
Radio.  : )

The installer is not the most user friendly (for the un-initiated
non-techie type) IMHO and thus I tend to prefer to recommend Ubuntu or
PCLinuxOS (another favorite of mine!) for new/general users - even
though I often feel that Fedora may be "better" (my bias).  All easy to
use from the standpoint of the garden-variety user and thoughtfully
designed installers.  Looking forward to the day when Fedora catches up
on that front.