[ale] ALE ale outing : SETTING A DATE (was: attempts at socializing generally unsociable people)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:53:14 EDT 2010

That's a reasonable idea but a long way off. December gets packed with
obligatory events (family, work, school) but maybe a 3 month lead time will
soften the process.

I vote for 12/4 (weekend shindigs are easier for late nights).

I also vote for making this a coordinated potluck (people indicate
preference for a dish/style to bring and a coordinator helps pick so
everyone doesn't bring a bag of chips or a green salad with no dressing -
happened at a college thing - 15+ green salads, no dressing, plates, forks,
drinks, etc). Given my tastes for cooking, put me in for slow cooked
critter(s) of some kind and some homebrew.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM, arxaaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> This venue looks great and there seems to be a lot
> of support for hosting an ALE social there.  I think it
> would be nice to do something North side of the
> perimeter since so many of our members reside
> or work in the Northern sectors.
>
> I'd like to suggest that we set a date for DECEMBER,
> since the usual Emory Law School room for our
> monthly meeting will not be available due to exams.
> This has happened the last couple years, so I have
> been arranging something more social and party
> oriented for our December gathering anyway.
>
> The Clubhouse Calendar shows Thursday, 12/9 and
> Thursday 12/16 are open.  If we wanted to do a
> Saturday, 12/4 and 12/18 are open.
>
> Feedback on the date suggestions?
>
> peace
> aaron
>
> On 2010/09/08, at 09:13 , Geoffrey Myers wrote:
>
> > Regarding the clubhouse availability, check it out here:
> >
> > http://chestnuthillonline.org/Clubhouse.html
> >
> > --
> > Until later, Geoffrey

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.