[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.09.08 - BitTorrent

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Tue Sep 7 13:27:26 EDT 2010

The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech presents

"BitTorrent"
  by Thomas Holmquist

Sep. 8th, 2010, 7:00 PM
Klaus Advanced Computing Building, room 2456

Overview:

  BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol designed for distributing large
files efficiently across the Internet. Originally intended to distribute
Linux ISOs, BitTorrent now accounts for anywhere from a fourth to a half
of all web traffic.  This week we will cover the basics of the
BitTorrent protocol, compare various popular Linux torrent clients, and
take an in-depth look at the RTorrent client.

Upcoming presentations and events:

  2010.09.15:  Music Tagging
  2010.09.18:  Installfest 45
  2010.09.22:  Basic CLI Usage
  2010.09.29:  Neat Tricks Roundtable

Hope to see you there!

--
Ryan Curtin       | "...I still don't know what it means."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Rigby Reardon