[ale] Plagued by stacks of old floppies. I found the cure

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Sep 6 22:29:08 EDT 2010

Heh.

People come to me all the time with floppy disks that they need data pulled
from. Usually with files that need to be converted from insanely old
formats, too. Microsoft Works (3.0 and prior) seem to be popular, I find
myself every now and again (and at present!) pulling data from old floppy
disks (often with bad sectors) and also trying to convert it.

I usually then give the floppies back and put the stuff on a Flash drive so
that they are able to have it in something that today's computers are able
to read. Ah, ancient data.

--
Sent from my HTC Dream---Running Froyo!
Thanks, @cyanogen!