[ale] Ubuntu for Education - want to help?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Mon Sep 6 12:37:01 EDT 2010

On 09/06/2010 11:36 AM, Sergio Chaves wrote:
> Hi "Alers",
>
> I got involved with the folks at World Computer Exchange -
> http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org , which provides recycled PCs to
> communities in the US and around the world, all in a volunteer basis.
>
> As I understand, there is 01 volunteer here in Atlanta. They would like to
> create a Chapter here in Atlanta to help expand their Volunteer base.
> I am pasting below a snippet of the communication sent to me. If interested,
> please contact me off-list.

Hi Sergio,

Although what World Computer Exchange does is great, personally I think
that there is enough need right here in Georgia. At Free IT Athens we
get requests for computers from all over the state; people sometimes
travel hours to get them from us. If you're looking to volunteer in this
area you may want to get in touch with Randall Kent, one of the
organizers behind Jumpstart IT Atlanta.

http://www.jumpstartitatlanta.com/

--
All the best,