[ale] Greetings Linux Enthusiasts (new to the area)

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:39:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
> Hi Charles!
>
> On Fri, September 3, 2010 4:36 pm, Charles Shapiro wrote:
>> Learn to brew beer, you'll be ok.
>
> Amusingly, I've been brewing beer for 19 years.  But all of my brewing
> supplies are in storage at the moment.  I did find the brewing supply
> stores in West Midtown (Hop City), Sandy Springs (The Wine Store), and
> Alpharetta already.  :)
>
> Hopefully I'll be back to brewing in the next 3-6 months.

If you hadn't guessed ALE considers both beer and linux on-topic, but
mostly its linux.  Aaron loves to keep us informed on zero-evidence
electronic voting machines, so we get those posts every now and then
too.  Aaron also does his best to keep us on-topic, but his rebukes
don't seem to last long.

If you keep talking about 20 years ago we'll end up with a thread
like: "On my first computer job I had to debug by walking around the
mainframe looking for fried remains."   Sadly, we're enough of a bunch
of old geezers that that sort of thread gets way too much
participation.

The good news is there are some first rate linux experts on the list,
so we have list members from across the country participating.

Greg