[ale] weird mouse problem

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:20:58 EDT 2010

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. Everything had been working okay. But today, I got
this problem with the mouse where no mouse clicks have any effect. The
cursor moves just fine. But no clicks seem to register. The
logs indicate some issue with USB and it is plugged into a USB port. But I
can't highlight and copy the text, because that would imply mouse clicks. I
can type commands at the command line. Any idea where I should start
looking?

By the way, the mouse works fine in Windows.