[ale] free Dell Poweredge 2600

Ronald Mellema rmellema at exithere.com
Sat Oct 30 17:37:48 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Dev
Null
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:37 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] free Dell Poweredge 2600

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, Ronald Mellema wrote:
>> I am getting ready for the annual Cobb recycle day and trying to
empty
>> my basement. I have a Dell Poweredge 2600 that works but is missing
one
>> of the two hot swap power supplies. Does anyone want it for free?

> I'll take it. What (if any) hard drives does it have?

I just powered it up and it is a PERC 4 Raid 5 with three 80Gig Ultra
SCSI drives for a formatted capacity of 139Gig and it is working.

I just found another server that was decommissioned in 1862 when Sherman
came through. It is a Dell PowerEdge 600SC that works but the PS2
keyboard jack does not work.

Ron Mellema