[ale] Humor: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:09:52 EDT 2010

PostgreSQL may be better, I haven't taken the time to check it out.
But a video created less than 2 months ago should at least get the
MySQL features correct. Before the first minute is over they say MySQL
doesn't support "Transactions" or "foreign keys". Hmmm, [1] and [2]
says otherwise. Oh, and they say MySQL isn't "ACID compliant." Here's
a quote from [1]: "InnoDB [MySQL table type] provides full ACID
compliance."

Anyway, back to watching the rest of the video.

[1] -- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ansi-diff-transactions.html
[2] -- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ansi-diff-foreign-keys.html

--
James Sumners