[ale] Backing up Alfresco

John Cohorn john.cohorn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 00:26:41 EDT 2010

Hey Jim,

This might help:
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore

There isn't anything built into Alfresco itself for backups except for a
scheduled job that backs up the lucene indexes only.

Cold backup of the contentstore folder and the DB as you are doing should
work. Hot backup of MySQL should be possible although I'm not certain the
best method, mysqldump or a commercial tool.

HTH

P.S.:

If you work with anyone who knows and loves Alfresco there are openings for
Support in Atlanta ;)
http://www.alfresco.com/about/careers/jobs/2010/10/techincal_support_eng/