[ale] Asterisk for

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Oct 21 16:53:31 EDT 2010

My immediate response is to suggest you hire this out to a local PBX
company to implement.

You can do these things with Asterisk but I do not think Trixbox
supports this type of config.  Maybe other know.  Trixbox turned me off.
It created too many config files and reading them was a nightmare.  I
formated my Trixbox install in 2007.  Instead, I opted to take the hard
road.  I checked out the O'Reilly book on Safari, built Asterisk from
source and to this day I use VIM as my config interface.  I also write
AGI scripts in Perl that make our PBX so much nicer.

If you do not want to hire this out I suggest you take the hard road too
and learn this stuff.  You'll be happy you have full control and know
what you are doing while reading log files and watching the asterisk
console.