[ale] Opinions for a two node Active-Passive/Failover System.

C Hendry gchendry at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 20 16:54:23 EDT 2010

Opinions for a two node Active-Passive/Fail-over System.

Preferences:
1. I’d like to use a dedicated NIC with cross-over cable for the heartbeat
messages.
2. I’d like the ability to power fence (STONITH) using IPMI enabled motherboards
over ethernet.

Have been looking at Redhat Cluster Suite.
I understand that a lot of people define a cluster to be a system of 3 or more
nodes and no less.
RHCS does appear well tested, but appears not to be able to do preference #1.

Have been looking at Heart-beat with Pacemaker.
Looks to be what I want so far.

What are others using?