[ale] dish vs direct +AT&T

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Oct 16 05:49:59 EDT 2010

I was thinking ( shudder..) about switching to AT&T for ISP/DirecTV bundle..
right now I have Atnexus & DISH. But recently there happens to be an ISSUE
with DISH, they are having FOX network problems. I signed up for an extra
package for $5 a month, to include the sports channels, SportsSouth Fox
Sports. the VERY DAY I signed up, Fox pulled the channels from DISH. AND
there is talk that they may also pull the regular Fox network channel on Nov
1. I haven't called back to cancel the upgrade, even though I never got the
channels, and I am considering my options.
 The reason I left AT&T as an ISP was they had blocked my domain email from
getting to me. So I switched ISP & domain host at the same time. Would I have
an issue sending mail through AT&T  to my domain? anything else I should
consider/be aware of??
any other Direct vs Dish issues?? AT&T issues?

see also:
http://getwhatipaidfor.com/home
and from the Dish side:
 We know your channels are important to you, which is why we will continue to
provide you with updates on the status of our negotiations with FOX Networks.

 Although negotiations are ongoing, DISH Network has yet to receive a proposal
from FOX that would equal anything but an overly excessive rate increase. In
fact, FOX refused an extension to keep the channels on the air while
negotiations continue.

 Now FOX is threatening to block its local TV stations in many markets if DISH
Network does not agree to their demands.

 In this economy, we feel a strong obligation to protect our customers from
unreasonable expenses like what FOX is demanding. We will continue to work
toward a fair agreement and we thank you for your patience and support while
negotiations continue.

 Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

 Sincerely,

 DISH Network

--
Paul Cartwright