[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 15 10:50:05 EDT 2010

Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> writes:

> On Thu October 14 2010, Jerald Sheets wrote:
>> It shouldn't be Sally bookkeeper's job to report bugs.  That is, I believe,
>> where we will fundamentally disagree, but it is the state of the market and
>> is what we are stuck with.
>
> if they made bug reporting a little easier, and maybe STANDARDIZED... or even
> automated.. when it crashes, or does something WRONG, you click "REPORT AN
> ISSUE", without having to go to some website you don't know, create yet
> another login & password, jump through a few hoops.. oops, time to go home,
> havta get that tomorrow, if I remember:)

Actually, there are a number of packages (of which I believe OOo is one)
that is part of a collaporative debugging project where crashes ARE
automatically reported to some university site.  This has been a part of
Fedora between at least Fedora 9-12, and possibly more systems.

-derek