[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 17:24:53 EDT 2010

  On 10/14/2010 03:03 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> I get DOC and XLS documents from people who use Word and Excel all the
> time.
>
> I have yet to receive a document that required more than a minute or two
> of touch-up before being æsthetic, and all of them were functional.
>
> 	--- Mike
I agree. My wife is a state employee and she sends me all of her word
docs and excel sheets and I haven't had problems with them in OOo. I
even do her travel expense reports for her on my desktop. The only
issues I've had is that when they send a new updated template that is
supposedly changed (by a "Power User") how it does things, it never
fails to come through as broken and I wind up having to redo all of the
formulas and macros changed so that it'll do things the way the powers
to be want it done. It never works right on her laptop (M$ XP), so it's
not in the translation process that it breaks.