[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Thu Oct 14 15:52:35 EDT 2010

Very sad indeed. The problems they identify are precisely *because*
of vendor lock-in. They make it sound like the compatibility issues working
with proprietary formats is somehow the fault of OSS.

This is so one-sided I have to wonder if somebody's palm is getting greased
here?

ed

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 13:19, Rich DeMARS <rich.demars at stonebranch.com>wrote:

> Forsyth County Schools School District Scraps Open-Source Solution ...
> Sep 15, 2010 ... These productivity problems were especially troublesome
> because around the same time that Forsyth County Schools moved to
> OpenOffice, ...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2007/Forsyth-County-Schools/School-District-Scraps-Open-Source-Solution-Boosts-Productivity-by-50-Percent/4000008223
>
> Rich DeMARS
> IT Manager

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA
30071
Tel (770) 446-9606
GoogleVoice (678) 587-8649

WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This message may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately then delete it - you should not copy or use it for any purpose
or disclose its content to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Any
unauthorized use or interception of this e-mail is illegal.