[ale] LISA '10 Early Bird Registration Deadline Approaching

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Thu Oct 14 12:46:46 EDT 2010

The LISA '10 Early Bird Registration Deadline is approaching. Please
register by Monday, Oct. 18, to receive maximum savings!

Check out the new activities that have been added to the LISA '10
program including:
-- New invited talk by Robert Johnson, Director of Engineering,
Facebook, Inc.

-- Data Storage Day: Sponsored by Cambridge Computer
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/dsdl10.html

LISA '10 is shaping up to be one of the best yet. In addition to the new
content, take a look at a few of the reasons to attend:

1. Face Time with Industry Leaders

Network with peers and luminaries in the workshops, "Hallway Track,"
Vendor Exhibition, and evening activities:
-- http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/workshops.html
-- http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/exhibition.html
-- http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/activities.html

2. Top-Notch Training

Highly respected experts provide you with new information and skills you
can take back to work tomorrow including:

-- Mark Burgess on Cfengine 3
-- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
-- Patrick Ben Koetter and Ralf Hildebrandt on Dovecot and Postfix
Administration

Take anywhere from 1 half to 6 full days of training and create the
curriculum that meets your needs. The full training program can be
found at
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/training/

We're again offering series of classes focusing on some of the most
important topics you'll encounter including:

-- The Virtualization Series, offering both new and repeat classes that
provide the latest virtualization information by instructors such as
John Arrasjid and Richard McDougall

-- New! The Linux Security and Administration Series, featuring in-depth
Linux training by experts including Theodore Ts'o and Rik Farrow

-- New! The Super Sysadmin Series, showcasing techniques for time and
project management, raising your visibility, and other key skills to
take your career to the next level by expert instructors including Tom
Limoncelli and Strata Rose Chalup

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/training/tutseries.html

3. Invited Talks

Key members of the community discuss timely and important topics such
as:
-- Keynote Address: "The LHC Computing Challenge: Preparation, Reality
and Future Outlook," by Tony Cass, CERN

-- Closing Session: "Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! It's a Plane!
It's a Sysadmin!," by David N. Blank-Edelman, Northeastern University
CCIS

-- "10,000,000,000 Files Available Anywhere: NFS at Dreamworks," by Sean
Kamath and Mike Cutler, PDI/Dreamworks

-- "Operations at Twitter: Scaling Beyond 100 Million Users," by John
Adams, Twitter

See the entire program at http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/tech/

4. You'll Hear It Here First

Cutting-edge practices and new or developing work are presented in the
paper presentations, practice and experience reports, and the poster
sessions.

Note: Poster submissions are due by October 22, 2010. Submitting
a poster is a great way to let other people know about your work and
to meet other people who are interested in the same issues. Find out
more at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/activities.html#poster

5. Get Answers to Your Toughest Questions in the Guru Is In Sessions

Topics include:
-- ZFS by Richard Elling, Nexenta Systems
-- IPv6 by Owen DeLong, DeLong Consulting
-- Security by Jamie Adams, Trusted Computer Solutions
-- And more . . .
=========

For complete program information and to register, see:
http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/progb

* The Early Bird Registration Deadline is approaching:
Register by Monday, October 18, and save!

* Additional discounts are available!
-- Registration: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/discounts.html
-- Airfare and hotel: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/hotel.html

New to LISA? Tips for registering for LISA '10 can be found at:
http://everythingsysadmin.com/2010/10/how-to-register-for-lisa.html

* Help us promote!
-- Banners and buttons: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/promote.html
-- Facebook: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/facebook
-- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LISAConference  #LISA10

We're pleased to bring LISA to San Jose, CA, and we look forward to
seeing you there.

On behalf of the LISA '10 Program Committee,

Rudi van Drunen, Competa IT and Xlexit Technology, The Netherlands
LISA '10 Program Chair
lisa10chair at usenix.org