[ale] China chooses FreeBSD as basis for secure OS

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Oct 14 11:44:00 EDT 2010

Perhaps, but correlation is not causation.  My SO lived in a
third-world country for a decade, where the level of education was
generally low and families tended to be be larger than we're used to
here.  But she says she didn't know a single family that hadn't lost
at least one child. In this case it seems obvious (which doesn't ==
"is true") that larger families are simply a response to higher
mortality, rather than anything to do with parental education. (Of
course the overall level of education in that society probably has
something to do with higher child mortality, but that's a distinct
issue.)

-- JK