[ale] Seeing if there's any interest

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Fri Oct 8 18:31:59 EDT 2010

On 10/08/2010 04:12 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:
>   On 10/08/2010 03:00 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> On Fri October 8 2010, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>>>        Was just trying to see if there would be any interest in getting a
>>> large order made for OpenPGP Smartcards from Kernel Concepts? The per
>>> unit price gets cheaper if you purchase more and if the order were of a
>>> sufficient quantity looks like it'd be possible to get a customized
>>> design done on them, perhaps an ALE OpenPGP card?
>> what do they do?? what size are you talking about? I can't seem to find a link
>> for anything like that.
>>
> Paul,
>
> I believe that Jeremy is talking about this;
> http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=42
>
> Jeremy, if I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Also I might be interested
> in a couple myself, depending on price.

Scott, The link you provided is correct.

Paul, It is a smartcard designed to hold PGP/GPG keys. Typically you
would place your subkeys that you use for daily use on there and keep
your primary key on other media you could backup. You can actually
generate the key on the card so there is no way to get the key off of it
for backup purposes or you can copy an existing PGP/GPG key on to the card.

	As for pricing, the only pricing on the site is in Euros and it ranges
from 13.90 to 16.40 depending on how many are ordered. 10+ is 13.90
Euros. It also notes that on orders of 50+ it could be customized.