[ale] Potential ALE at SPSU meeting OCT 28

Joshua Roberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:35:06 EDT 2010

Hello ALE,

When:  October 28.  7:30 - 9pm
Where:  SPSU Room J161

I have spoken with my academic adviser here at SPSU and we would like to
host the first ALE at SPSU meeting.

I am looking to line up a speaker for the first meeting.

The topic is still undecided, but I had great success a Lanier Tech with a
What is Linux!  presentation.  If that presentation is workable in this time
frame that would be great.  If another topic is preferred we are open to
suggestions.

I looking to have a small leaflet to handout during the meeting that will
let people vote on what topic they would like to hear about for the next
meeting.  I am not sure how ALE handles this for their primary meetings.  If
anyone knows of a better system, please let me know.

Other concerns:
This current date is the last Thursday of the month.  This will prevent
meetings from taking place at the same time of the month in November and
December because of the Holiday season.  If the meeting is pushed back until
Nov. 4 or 11 it will allow ALE at SPSU to create a stable meeting schedule.  Or
we can just have a meeting now and then worry about the meeting schedule
next year/semester.

Setting up a remote seat for ALE central meetings:  I had spoken about this
while at Laneir Tech, but Lanier Tech lacked the infrastructure to support
it.  I believe will be able to setup a client for a Live feed at SPSU for
those who would like to attend the central meeting remotely.  I believe that
there is a enough bandwidth available on this end to support video and
audio.  What is available at the ALE Central location will determine what we
can setup.
This will enable SPSU to host at least 2 LUG meetings a month, one for
ALE at SPSU (ie ALE NW), and another for the ALE Central meeting via a virtual
seat.

Please voice any questions or concerns to myself: jrtroberts at gmail.com
or Orlando Karam: okaram at spsu.edu

Directions to SPSU
http://www.spsu.edu/home/prospective/visit.html

SPSU Campus Map
http://www.spsu.edu/home/about/campusmap.html

The J building is in near the Center of the map.

See you there,

Joshua Roberts