[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.10.06 - Video Encoding

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Tue Oct 5 13:13:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:33:24AM -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2010, at 12:20 AM, Ryan Curtin wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 11:56:02PM -0400, Richard Faulkner wrote:
> >>   I for one have to say, "thank you" for this thread.  I was considering
> >>   attending these
> >>   meetings which look to be very interesting.  But, considering that there
> >>   is no parking
> >>   and getting around sounds like a nightmare -- I don't think I want to take
> >>   the time to
> >>   come in from Gwinnett and struggle to find parking let alone have to trek
> >>   great distance
> >>   to get there.  Too bad....
> >
> > Huh?  What's the "too bad" for?  Are you trying to make me, the leader
> > of a group which has nothing to do with the Georgia Tech administration,
> > feel bad for something we have absolutely no control over?
>
> Seriously, dude.  We've spawned a fork of the 1.0 conversation.  I'm sure we'll merge to trunk at some point in the not so distant future, but you can't blame trunk for bugs in the branches until after merge.

And then when the features are merged back into trunk, I can complain,
like hundreds of other users, and the developers won't listen?

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4986

Sometimes I read pidgin bugs for entertainment.

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Hey, tell me the truth... are we still in the
ryan at igglybob.com | game?" - The Chinese Waiter