[ale] GParted & unallocated space

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Oct 4 11:52:17 EDT 2010

Depends on what you mean by difficult.
I never dual boot my boxes so there may be issues with that, but I've installed the last four versions of openSUSE on various HP desktops and notebooks without any problems after I copied, then deleted, the installation partition and other extraneous partitions.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Jim Philips <briarpatch.jim at gmail.com> 10/2/2010   09:41 AM >>>
So, I backed up the recovery partition to DVD's and then deleted it from my
hard drive. I now have Ubuntu installed. Way more trouble than it should
have been. My co-worker is a long-time IBM employee. He says that HP is very
much in bed with Microsoft and deliberately builds its PC's to make Linux
installation difficult. I believe him.