[ale] OT- Re: Cd-r life / Flash memory life

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Oct 4 11:36:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Ron Frazier
<atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com> wrote:
> costs.  Also, something like Jungledisk or Carbonite might be a great way to
> make sure those photos are backed up online.  I use Jungledisk.  The cost is
> $ 0.15 / GB / Mo. for storage.  When you send or receive data, there is a
> bandwidth fee of something like $ 0.18 / GB, and a $ 3 / Mo. maintenance fee
> I believe.  If most of your files are archival and don't change much, the

The JungleDisk data-transfer fees only apply if you are using the Amazon S3
backend. If you choose the RackSpace backend, there are no transfer fees.
I'm not sure if there's any downside to using RackSpace.

I've started using JungleDisk because it does everything SpiderOak does,
but more reliably, and is (for me) less expensive.  Once you hit about
80GB or so, it's not as cost-effective as some of the other offerings.

-- JK