[ale] Perl 'Expect' timeout question

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Oct 4 11:13:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 11:01 -0400, Mills John M-NPHW64 wrote:
> I would like to salvage my existing scripts if possible - can I check
> whether the reverse look-up is what actually failed?

Sure.  On the same box the script is running on simply ssh to the host.
If it takes more than 3s to get a password prompt then it is having
issues doing a reverse lookup.  You'll only get the password prompt
after the reverse lookup fails.  Could take 1 minute.

another thing you can try is to trace the script and see what it is
doing compared to what the example does

strace -e trace=read,write,connect,select ./script