[ale] Django expertise?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 18:57:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 18:47, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com> wrote:
> Don't ask to ask. Ask.

"Do.  Or do not.  There is no try" :)

> On 10/1/10, John Anderson <sontek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ask the questions

Ok, I'm trying to build up a website, and was going to create a suer
table in teh DB when I found the Django
User class.  My big question is:  are there any reasons not to use the
User class for my user table?  I've seen the
tutorial that mentions setting up a relationship to the User table for
storing the app-specific data, so I know that it's
doable, but is it wise?  Are there issues that might make me wish I
had used my own table?

>> On Oct 1, 2010, at 4:37 PM, Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Anyone got Django experience?  I'm starting a project under it, and
>>> have a few questions about the suitability of certain built-in
>>> features for my
>>> purposes.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>

>>> --