[ale] domain hosts

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Nov 30 06:09:25 EST 2010

On 11/29/2010 07:25 PM, Brian Pitts wrote:
> This is where polibyte.com and my email are hosted. I used their tiny
> plan for several years, but then I needed more space so I switched to
> small. I use IMAP and leave most of my mail on the server.

thanks, good to know. Ever had to use tech support??
this is what I got from Justhost:

Kelvin:Welcome to Live Chat support, how may I help you?
Paul Cartwright:I can't get to my cpanel and email doesn't work
Kelvin:Please allow me some time to check
(LONG PAUSE..)

Paul Cartwright:sure
Kelvin:May I get your  cPanel username and password please?
(Another long pause)

Paul Cartwright:I use thunderbird email. When I go to my paul  IMAP
inbox it says connection refused
Kelvin:Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the problem you are
facing.
(so, if they are aware, why did he need my login info??)

Kelvin:We are presently facing a little trouble with the server on which
your site is hosted. I assure you that our
Kelvin:admins are on this, and it will be resolved shortly.
Kelvin:Meanwhile your patience is appreciated
Paul Cartwright:ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't on my
end.. how will I know when it is resolved?
Kelvin:It will get resolved in couple of hours, then you will be able to
access your site and cpanel normaly.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800