[ale] Steve Jobs says that Windows is "open"

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:39:03 EST 2010

Aren't you confusing the Closed version of Open with the Open version of Open?

Windows runs on a variety of hardware platforms.  That makes it Open
WRT to MacOS, which runs only on Apple machinery.  Linux ( for
example) runs on a large variety of hardware platforms and can be
built from source by the end user. That makes it Open and also Open
Source.

-- CHS