[ale] Steve Jobs says that Windows is "open"

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Mon Nov 29 16:20:22 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't believe this when I read it:
> “Google loves to characterize Android as ‘open’ and iOS and iPhone as
> ‘closed.’ We find this a bit disingenuous, and clouding the real
> difference between our two approaches,” Jobs said. “The first thing
> most of us think about when we hear the word ‘open’ is Windows, which
> is available on a variety of devices."
>
> And no, that isn't a quote out of context.  Read the whole thing here:
> http://www.macworld.com/article/154969/2010/10/jobs_rim_android.html
>
> Michael

I totally believe it. I have had people tell me for many years that
they consider Windows an open systems.  I ran the "Open Systems" group
in Chicago for many years and had one gentleman (who had attended
several meetings) ask for more Windows presentations.  I informed him
that Windows was not an open system and I never saw him again.

--
potter