[ale] Tablet PCs

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:48:49 EST 2010

There are hundreds of $80 to $200 devices on the market right now,
running Android or proprietary ebook or media-center OSes. Most of
them have hardware similar to a PDA in 2003-2005, with a screen
similar to most digital picture frames.

So far, I'd say steer clear of all of them. There are a very few gems,
but they are almost universally bad. Wait for reputable manufacturers
to drive the prices down, so that the good products (like the Samsung
Galaxy Tab) are $200 and the shitty products are $50.