[ale] I'm confused

Chris Ness luxomni at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 21:21:16 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 18:31 -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> My [vicarious] experience with the warranties my mother in law insists
> on buying from BestBuy is that when you get a lemon they refuse to
> replace it. Instead they come out and replace the bulb in your
> projector every few months until the warranty expires. And with
> computers they tell you it is your fault and not covered.

My experience at Fry's was no better. I bought a (very expensive
top-of-the-line) Bluetooth headset and it died early. So I bought a
replacement and opted for the extended warranty. Of course it died too
(plastic broke at the swivel). So I went to Fry's and had them refuse
the warranty. "Your fault, not covered" they said. So I bought another
(other brand, cheaper price). The f'ing clerk who refused my warranty
wanted to sell me, no, demanded to sell me an extended warranty on the
new one. After being ushered out of Fry's, I bought it somewhere else.

--
mailto:luxomni at earthlink.net            All jobs are equally easy to
http://luxomni.blogspot.com             the person not doing the work.