[ale] faster linux

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:25:03 EST 2010

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 09:31 AM, Preston Boyington wrote:
>> but I thought this alternative was pretty interesting:
>> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html
>>
>> it does the same thing.  all you have to do is run 2 commands and paste
>> 4 lines in your ~/.bashrc file.
>>
>> I haven't tested it yet, but will very soon.  :)
>>
> Debian Lenny, no /dev/cgroup , no /sys/fs/cgroup
> commands don't work..

hmm, further down on the page I see where the groups are removed and
it's used in Ubuntu.

Update November 19: The above instructions have been updated again to
"really" automatically remove empty cgroups

looks like it works on Ubuntu, so I'm hopeful.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/