[ale] IRC Channel Registration

Derek Carter goozbach at friocorte.com
Mon Nov 22 11:20:43 EST 2010

I've been sitting on the #ale channel of the freenode network for a
while now, and there are a few other folks who have joined there.

This morning there was a drive-by spamming of the channel, and I looked
into getting the channel registered.

It looks as though the channel has been registered since 2002.  However
the person who did the registering hasn't been around and the channel
has "expired".

In order to re-register the channel, we have to submit a "Group
Registration" form.

Seeing as we don't have an "official" leader, board, or otherwise. I'm
volunteering to be the ALE IRC Liason.

Are there any objections to me just running with this? Of course I would
make sure that the access to the channel is shared with people verified
to be members of this group.

What do you think?

--
Derek