[ale] I'm confused

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Nov 19 11:54:35 EST 2010

Disclaimer - IANAL, nor do I work associated with retail operations.

My understanding is that for most situations the extended warrenty
offered at time of sale is almost pure profit for some company. I am
sure that there are times and conditions where an extended warrenty
makes economic sense but I personally don't know what those
conditions might be.

That said, prorating the warrenty in case of a totalled wreck
seems like a nice gesture at least.

As usual, YMMV and probably does.