[ale] I'm confused

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Nov 18 21:21:50 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 21:12 -0500, Sparr wrote:
> There are capacitors, or even a very small battery, between the big
> battery and your laptop's power supply. The state of that system is
> monitored by some circuits, and I'm guessing somehow all of that got
> stuck.

This laptop has been a thorn since the wife bought it on Black Friday
last year.  It has acted like this since day 1.  If the battery drains
all the way down it must be partially charged before it will power on.
I consider that a bug!

I went ahead and bought a 2Y warranty from HP so that I will not have to
buy her another laptop until BF of 2012.

They way she treats this thing I'm sure that bug will finally break it.