[ale] collaborative work environment

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:08:46 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com>wrote:

> Confluence is a lie. We use it at my company and it doesn't deliver on
> the promise.
>
> Use IRC on freenode with a logger bot. Make the channel private.
> Simple ancient tech. Done.
>
> The "checked out" paradigm is terrible and MSFT Visual Source Safe is
> the only product I know of that uses it. I would suggest Google docs.
> Don't over complicate things

Ever tried merging word processing docs from multiple sources? TOTAL PItA!

I have seen (and used) an openoffice odt gunzippped and put into a
subversion repo. Sortof worked. Probably be better if it was a git repo
instead.

> On 11/9/10, John Scott <John.Scott at peak10.com> wrote:
> >> I am looking for a set of tools to help in an upcoming project.
> >
> > Check out Confluence:
> > http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/

> Sent from my mobile device
>
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.