[ale] For all his rhetoric, he's a gem

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:48:19 EDT 2010

heh, heh. My uncle was ordered to sign a work agreement where his primary
employer wanted him to sign over all rights to anything he developed on his
own time "since he was clearly influenced by his work for 'big corp'". My
uncle countered with "So my side business should be co-owner of anything I
develop for you since I was clearly influenced by the projects I do on my
own time".

'big corp' shut up and and backed down.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon at damtek.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 18:24 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Tim Watts <tim at cliftonfarm.org> writes:
> >
> > > Also worth mentioning that had we on this list not been alerted to the
> > > deception in amendment 1 a lot more of us might have voted yes.
> >
> > Too little, too late.  It still passed. :(
> >
> > -derek
>
> I have a brother-in-law who developed a well known video game.  He
> currently acts as a consultant to the gaming industry.  He tells me when
> he sees a "one year non-compete" clause, what he does is counters with
> "you will pay my for one years pay or release me from the NC clause and
> you must do so in writing within 30 days of you deciding we need to
> separate"  He says it works like a charm every time.  YMMV
>
> --
> Damon
> damon at damtek.com

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.