[ale] VOTING ALERT: Protect Your Freedom to Work!

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Nov 2 10:52:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 09:19 -0400, dude-aaron-omy wrote:
> In researching the candidates and issues for voting my
> (paper, no reason required absentee) ballot today,
> I discovered a serious election fraud issue that affects
> everyone on this list, but most especially those who work
> as contractors.

Now, I'm not going to complain about the presentation, save for one
thing:  I like sources.  There are so many things being presented to us
for consideration one way or another that it can be difficult to keep
up.  I try like mad hell anyway, but one thing that I would absolutely
love to see (and if I ever get the time, I would like to do it...) would
be to have a Web site somewhere that has a summary of what's going on in
an election, presented with only the provable facts, such that someone
can come in and look at their sample ballot and look at the platforms of
the people and issues on that ballot (and ideally, have links that are
capable of showing evidence) so that a voter may be able to look at this
resource, read this resource, and intelligently decide for him- or
herself how they want to vote.

It'd also be nice if such a Web site had archived video of debates,
news, and so forth that were relevant to the candidates and the issues,
as well.  Links to things like WikiSource where speeches are recorded,
and just as much as could possibly be done.  In theory this is something
that any one of us are capable of doing, but I am quite sure that hardly
any of us have the actual available time to do it.  If there were a way
to get funding so that I wasn't taking food off of our plates here to do
it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  Of course, that'd be more than a
full-time job.

In any event, as I said, sources are an awesome thing.  We have this
thing called the Internet.  I see no reason to not leverage its power.

	--- Mike