[ale] [OT] Upgrade G4 Mini to OS X 10.5?

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Nov 1 13:20:47 EDT 2010

Leopard does run on G4 (you can hack it for a G3 but I see a lot of
comments where the results are not worth the trouble). It's Snow Leopard
(10.6) that doesn't support the PPC.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP517

On your, um, download, did you search "leopard ppc 'download'"? Lot's of
hits but that may well be what you've already done.

btw, 10.5 does not support the "classic" environment if you have OS 9
programs you still need to run. If that's the case and you can't install
on a separate partition, Sheepshaver can be pretty handy. Runs well on a
PPC or Intel Mac or Hackintosh. I've not been able to run it on an AMD
Fedora 13.

Good luck in the kingdom of Steve.

Regards,
William