[ale] [OT] Video editing advice?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Sat May 29 16:42:38 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Need some help: I'm doing a presentation tomorrow, and it would
be AWESOME if at a specific point I could show a brief video
clip from The Princess Bride -- specifically, from 0:19 to
0:27 of this YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjuZiVrrJZ4

  Buttercup: "What about the ROUS's?"
  Wesley: "Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist."
  ROUS: POUNCE!

I own a copy of the film on DVD, but I've no idea how to extract
just that bit, either from my DVD or from YouTube.  Don't want
to spend hours researching, since I'm in the midst of writing the
final draft of my talk.  Advice and/or pointers to explicit
instructions would be greatly appreciated!

(Note: clip will be played in Windows Media Player on my church's
XP laptop, most likely. I can capture/edit on Linux, though.)

Thanks,

-- JK

--
Forget Jesus: stars died so that you could be here today.
  - physicist Lawrence Krauss