[ale] AMD ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce ?

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Sat May 29 02:03:43 EDT 2010

I've come into a small unexpected windfall and, amidst a
number of possible music, video or computer gadgets I
might like to spend it on,  I am considering building a
fairly high horsepower Linux system for exploring
media production and system virtualization.

While piecing together this media dream machine at
Magic Micro I've run into a brick wall decision on the
graphics card.

So what's the best choice in terms of both the current
and likely to come Linux support for the duopoly
graphics options:

AMD ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce ?

Thx
peace