[ale] [video] I'm At My Whit's End: Nvidia and Linux

Pablo Ordonez pablo.f.ordonez at gmail.com
Fri May 28 20:59:20 EDT 2010

Hi  there

My experience is kind of different

Mainboard ASUS P6T7  WS Supercomputer
IntelCore i7 930
Nvidia Gforce GTX 470/PCI/SSE2 ( 490 GTX is the last card from nvidia)
Running
64 bit Ubuntu 10.4  (Nvidia driver  195.36.24)
64 bit Ubuntu 10.4 (Nvidia CUDA)

Installation: Alternate CD (LUKS partition for Home and Swap)
I did not have any problem with installation and activation of
the proprietary driver.
Flash is working flawlessly  ( there is a ppa with 64 Flash plugin).
Grub2 and Burg give an artistic touch for dual boot. :)
No gamer but CUDA eater.

Try alternate CD.

Good luck

Pablo