[ale] OT: two interesting BlogTalkRadio shows

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:26:46 EDT 2010

I've been spending a lot of time scouring the web for interesting
podcasts, and lately I've settled on BlogTalkRadio as my foraging
grounds.  Most of the stuff is noise, but two shows have stood out so
far, and I'd like for y'all to check them out.  Both are based out of
Canada.

The one I'd really like to plug is called Seawayradio.com at
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/seawayradiocom

He does old time radio, music, and some politics (with a leftward
tilt).  This evening he featured the original Superman series, and
Willie Nelson music (next week is going to be the Falcon, with Joni
Mitchell music).  I phoned in, and was evidently his first caller
ever.  It's really a shame, since the show is awesome.

The second show really doesn't need me  to plug it, since it has a
large listener base, and is really plugged in to its milieu.  It's the
Indie Intertube show, which is dedicated to streaming internet
Television.  It introduced me to some really awesome stuff, including
"The Cell", and "Space Hospital".  Its at
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/indie_intertube