[ale] Evolution not processing junk mail -- Ideas anyone?

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sat May 22 21:55:34 EDT 2010

Greetings all --

Not long ago there was a thread rolling around on Ubuntu and Fedora.  As
much as I had really gotten to like 9.10 I had some nagging issues that
just were too stupid to put up with.  With that I decided to switch to
Fedora and viola!  Most of my problems vanished.  I do have one new
issue though that is not a show stopper but something that I'd like to
put out there to the group and see what ya'll think.

Evolution 2.28.3 is the current email client that I'm using.  It was
populated with back-up data from my old Karmic build and does most of
what it's suppose to do but doesn't parse junk mail anymore.  Evolution
in 9.10 rocked and really did a great job of catching spam but this
build is not doing it at all.  I've double-checked preferences and it
should be processing for junk but I'm still manually dumping it far more
than I was recently doing under Ubuntu.

Other than that Fedora 12 has had it all OVER 9.10 for my money and I'm
learning to be very happy with it.  The issues that were really
troublesome in KK were easily overcome by F12.  All I really need is to
fix this email issue and I'm pretty well set....

Any ideas anyone?  (Yes, I'm a recent convert from Windows and have no
plans of ever looking back...)

---Rich in Lilburn