[ale] 64bit thunderbird 3.0.4

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat May 15 17:13:47 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 16:49 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Don't mind building it if I could find the tarball. :(

You have to go to the Mozilla Developer Center to get to the releases.
I found the TB release here:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/3.0.4/source/thunderbird-3.0.4.source.tar.bz2

However, putting together the build is non-trivial the way they do
things.  Why they don't just use ./configure && make && make install,
like other projects, is beyond me.  I hate hate *HATE* custom build
system crap.  They already use the GNU build system, but then they have
all this extra stuff around it.

I've already started building a 3.0.4 tree, though.  I'll upload it when
it's done, and post the URL here.  It's been building for about 20
minutes or so now.

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child