[ale] canon Pixma

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed May 12 11:36:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 11:19 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Wed May 12 2010, Michael Trausch wrote:
> > Why bother with ink jets at all? Lexmark makes good color laser
> printers
> > that are standards compliant. And at least their laser department
> writes
> > CUPS drivers.
>
> well, that would solve part of the problem, but it would be connected
> to my
> Debian desktop & I still need to use it to print to the Vista
> laptop..

Most of Lexmark's laser printers connect to Ethernet, USB, or parallel.
Some just do Ethernet and USB, without a parallel port.  I have yet to
acquire one of those, however.

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child